Join the International Garden Festival 2022 competition
NOTIFICATION OF INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
For the 32nd Chaumont-sur-Loire International Garden Festival, the Domain of Chaumont-sur-Loire is holding an
international competition for 20 plots of around 210 m2.
THEME OF THE 2023 COMPETITION:
The complete theme description is available after registration on www.domaine-chaumont.fr under the Contest section.
This call for applications is open:
– to landscape architects with a specialised school or university qualification or who are members of the of the IFLA [International Federation of Landscape Architects] or another recognised landscape organisation for countries outside Europe,
– to multidisciplinary teams, comprising for example architects, engineers, designers, set designers or artists, preferably with a landscape architect or a botanist within this team,
– to students from landscape, architecture or design schools, who can provide evidence of a landscape option and whose
teacher will be the team’s agent.
The following people are excluded from this call for applications:
– designers who have already created a garden at Chaumont-sur-Loire during the last three years,
– members of the jury and their close family.
Financing: no payment is planned for taking part in this call for applications. Payment of designers chosen for the
The call for applications dossier can be downloaded from our website www.domaine-chaumont.fr (Contest section) after registration. It comprises:
– the specifications present the theme in detail and the technical constraints associated with the design of a garden on the Chaumont-sur-Loire site (soil, aspect, visitors, plants, etc.),
– the regulations lay out the process for the call for applications and itemise the rules for taking part in the competition.2023
International Garden Festival, along with the budget allocated for creating the gardens, are fixed in the call for applications
Closing date for receiving the garden projects: by 5 p.m. on Friday the 28th of October 2022.
Tél: +33 (0) 631 553 766